Sunday, February 21, 2010

Samuel's Little Family

Home from the hospital, exhausted & running on about 5 hours of sleep, tops! You may notice the huge dark circles under my eyes!? They've been there for the past week & a half straight...but for good reason. :) Now I'm just snuggling with my little boy! ;-)


Sara, the birth mom & my cousin, came by yesterday w/ her sister to say hi & see how the 3 of us were doing. A lot of people say Samuel has her nose & mouth. :) I love the smile on Sara's face in this pic. She's such an amazing girl. I love you, cuzin Sara!!

(I don't have a pic of the birth dad to post, yet. He's very supportive of the adoption, Samuel, & the whole thing...I'll see if I can round up a picture) :)



When Samuel snuggles, & when he gets 'burped', he curls up in this cute little baby-ball with his little hands tucked under his face & his legs tucked under his bottom. Sooo stinkin'cute! Makes it awful hard to put him down when he's looking so adorable!


Tiger also loves little Samuel. They're still getting to know eachother so we keep the two of them pretty seperate. Every once in a while -under our close supervision- we let Tiger sniff around a little & check Sam out. In this pic she/Tiger is sniffing Sam's cheek. Right after she inspected Samuel with her nose, she gave him a little puppy kiss on his cheek. ...Don't worry, we cleaned off any puppy germs right away. ;-) It was pretty cute, though.


And this is just Samuel being cute...what's not to love?!? He origionally started out with his head clear up at the top of this mat with the 'bumber pads' coming right up to his arm pits. I left the room for 20 minutes & when I came back he had worked himself all the way down to the end of the mat like this! I don't know how he does it, the silly guy! :-)

7 comments:

  1. They grow up so fast don't they?! He is adorable and I know the part of getting very little sleep. It will pass though. We are so happy for all of you! Keep posting cute pics. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so adorable. I love how he curls up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures make me soooo happy. Can't wait to meet your little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What special pictures! He is such a sweet little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ADORE him Amy! He's so cuddly looking!! Yay yay yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! You look so happy, despite the lack of sleep! Hope all is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I can't believe how much he's already changing. I'm so glad you have a good relationship with your cousin about the adoption too. Love seeing you as a Mom!

    ReplyDelete