Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bring on the Spring!

I must be in a 'Springey' mood... The weather is getting nicer, the grass is getting greener & our flowers have started emerging again. It makes me long for summer vacation and the barbeques, corn on the cob, long lazy days in the sun,.... BUT that will have to wait. I started back at work on Monday, so my maternity leave is officially over. :-( I was told over & over that time really flies when you have a child. I thought, 'well, okay...' but I had nooo idea! It's like a time warp! Samuel turned 8 weeks old on Thursday, but there is NO way that much time has passed! ;-) That 8 weeks -2 months!- seriously felt more like 1 week!
It's been so fun being a mommy. I don't claim to know much about anything maternal, yet. I just know that it sure is fun when he looks at Dave & I and grins. ...and when he falls asleep in our arms & just curls up & nestles right in. ...and how he starts to calm down when his mommy or daddy pick him up to comfort him. ...or how cute his little face is, even when he's crying! I miss Samuel already, & I've only been back at work for 1 week. I enjoy my students & all, but like I said...I miss my little boy. :-/
The 'springey' picture above is a drawing I did last week. It's black & white colored pencil on orange paper. My high school students are actually working on a project just like this. I made this right along with my students as a demonstration, and a finished example. ;-) That, and I was kindof excited about it & thought it looked really fun. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh!! You're making me so excited for my little one to get here! I can't believe it's been 8 weeks either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad things are going well! We hope to meet the little one soon. Time does fly when you are at home. Are you going to be able to stay home with Samuel next year? I feel lucky that I get to be home with my crazy wonderful kids. Keep posting, I love hearing about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete