Friday, February 18, 2011

Samuel Mark's 1st Birthday!

On February 8th, Sam turned 1 year old! I took the whole day off work to spend it with Sam & prepare for his little birthday party. There wasn't enough room in our home, even though it was a fairly small party, so we held it at Gma & Gpa Briden's house.
I painted Sam a little 1st Birthday shirt, with a big yellow #1 candle on top of a cupcake. :) (You can kindof see it in these pictures). We had soup & sandwiches for dinner & I made my 1st attempt at a little boy's birthday cake. :) I had a hard time deciding what the cake should look like but decided to go with Mickey Mouse, since he had been watching Mickey Mouse's Club House on Saturday mornings lately. :)


Sam's 1st birthday cake...He just picked & poked at it a bit first, trying to figure out what it was & what he was supposed to do with it... But he soon figured it out & once he did the cake was demolished!! :)
Here he is, happy with his accomplishment!


This is the video of everyone singing Happy Birthday to the Birthday-Boy!

On the evening of his birthday & party there was a snow storm rolling in. We got just a couple inches in Topeka, but down to the south (where Gma & Gpa Adams live) they got almost a foot of snow! They -& also Uncle Ryan & Aunt Jill- weren't able to come to the party because of the weather. We still had a pretty good turn out though. Great Gma & Gpa Shirley came from up north in Axtell, Ks, Uncle Josh, Lynette & Uncle Andrew, Gma & Gpa Briden, Mommy & Daddy, and also Aunt Sara (my cousin & Sam's birth mom) were all there to help Sam celebrate! It was a good time.



Sam was getting tired by the end. After cake he got a bath in the kitchen sink & then opened his presents. By the end of all that, he was a pretty tired boy. We packed everything up, bundled up the boy, & headed home once all the fun was over...& within just a couple minutes in the car, Sam was fast asleep!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amy,
    How are you!? I can't believe your little guy is one. I wish I could have been there to see him grow. I hope all is well. We miss everyone there in Kansas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm good! Good to hear from you! How are things on your end?

    ReplyDelete