Thursday, June 17, 2010

My 1st Mother's Day

This year was my very first Mother's Day, & I have to admit...I was a little excited. :) Dave gave me this beautiful bouquet of lillies (my fav) & roses. He & Sam also got me a gift certificate for a pedicire, which I am sooo excited to use!
I love that I get to be a 'Mommy'. This, and being married to Dave for time & eternity, are the most wonderful blessing of my life. I don't know how I got to be so lucky...


This little bouquet of flowers showed up at the doorstep a couple days after Mother's Day. They were send from Tyler, Sam's biological father, who is in the Navy & stationed in California. I thought this was such a sweet gesture. Tyler is a good guy & cares about Samuel. He calls every once in a while just to say hi to all of us & ask how Sam is doing. Sam is so lucky to have so many people that love him. I hope he always is aware of that.


We got to see Larry & Charla (Dave's dad & step-mom) for just a little bit, which was nice. This picture was actually taken on a different day, but we didn't end up taking one on Mother's Day when they were here. :-/


After church on Mother's Day we went to my mom & Jim's house for a big "Shirley Gathering", which means all of the aunts, uncles, cousins, etc on my mom's side of the family. This is a picture of Samuel in his Great Grandma Shirley's lap. My grandma is an amazing lady. She's 80 years old & looks amazing for her age and is a very active lady. See how her hair is barely gray?...yeah, that's totally natural. She's pretty much a hottie. ;-)



Samuel also got some 1-on-1 time with Gma Briden (my mom). Here he's just chillin' & helping Gma open her Mother's Day cards.
We also stopped by to see my step-mom, Lynette for a little bit. She takes such good care of Andrew (my half-brother), who is now 10 yrs old & a very active guy! Dad passed away when Andrew was 6 & so she's been a single parent for a while. I admire her for all she does for Andrew & it's been wonderful having her in our lives.
...And that's our Mother's Day this year! I love that we were able to spend at least a little time with so many of the 'mothers' in our lives on that day. We even got to hear from Dave's mom & Gran that day, as we talk to them on the phone each Sunday evening. They've been so supportive of us & we're glad that we get to be in touch with them regularly.
I hope all of you 'Mommys' out there were able to have a wonderful day, too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment